POSITION: Marketing Manager
This position is responsible for managing the successful execution of a variety of marketing and fundraising campaigns around Chicago Filmmakers’ programs and services.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
Promote public awareness of Chicago Filmmakers’ programs and services through the development and execution of a comprehensive marketing plan to reach prospective students, audiences, filmmakers, grant applicants, and other constituencies that Chicago Filmmakers serves.
Build community engagement with existing and new constituencies and manage ongoing communications with stakeholders through e-newsletters, social media networks, and community meetings and events.
Cultivate new relationships with outside organizations and investigate new opportunities for strategic partnerships or collaborations.
Produce marketing collateral for the organization and its programs, and manage content and branding for the organization’s websites and social media platforms on an ongoing basis.
Raise funds through developing and implementing new strategies for expanding individual giving and corporate/business support, including designing, planning, and coordinating membership drives, donor appeals, fundraising events, and other fundraising campaigns.
Research, identify, and solicit, corporate and business sponsorships, including both in-kind and cash sponsors, and oversee sponsorship activation.
Manage relationships and communications with stakeholders, including members, donors, sponsors, and strategic partners, and maintain donor, member and sponsor records and databases. Work with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to optimize their roles in identifying, cultivating, and soliciting new donors.
Track and report on data; collect and analyze metrics and prepare marketing and fundraising reports for internal and external use.
Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Chicago Filmmakers seeks to hire a dynamic, creative, forward-thinking, and deadline-oriented person who is enthusiastic about the mission of Chicago Filmmakers.
• Degree in marketing or fundraising, or commensurate experience
• Demonstrated success in generating earned income and/or contributions
• Experience with event management
• Working knowledge of social media platforms required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• High level of comfort with donor interactions and meeting presentations
• Strong knowledge of social media
• Excellent organizational, analytical, time management, and program management skills, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to set priorities
• Experience working in the non-profit environment
• Proficient in use of MS Office suite
• Familiarity with donor database management software a plus
• Familiarity with data and campaign performance analysis beneficial
• Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator desired
• Good sense of design and experience working with graphic designers as well as generating own design work when necessary
BENEFITS: Medical insurance, paid vacation and sick time.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to Brenda Webb, Executive Director, Chicago Filmmakers, 5720 N. Ridge Ave., Chicago IL 60660 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please!